Water-to-Go vs. Carbon Filters
The patented NASA developed technology used in Water-to-Go bottles is uniquely different to the activated carbon filter used in other water bottles. Activated carbon filters will take out sediment and some other materials, whilst Water-to-Go increases your drinking safety by taking out more, including:
- Metals including lead and chromium
- Dangerous chemicals including "VOC"s (volatile organic compounds) and fluorides
- Disease carrying bacteria e.g. E. coli, Cholera and Typhus
- Sickness inducing viruses such as Hepatitis A and Norwalk viruses
- Potentially fatal parasite eggs (known as Oocysyts) like Giardia lamblia
In addition to the nano technology used in our filters, activated carbon is used. However, instead of glueing them into a block (like most carbon filters) and losing efficiency, we incorporate it into the membrane which improves the taste and odour of the water.
As well as protecting you from many more water borne threats, Water-to-Go filter technology lasts much longer. A Water-to-Go filter is effective for filtering 200l of drinking water - cheaper than other filters and much cheaper than buying bottled water!