Water-to-Go filter facts - The technology and what it removes
We now offer Water-to-Go filters in two sizes; for the 75cl bottle, filtering 200 litres and lasting 3 months, or for the 50cl GO! bottle lasting 130 litres or 2 months.
Each delivers the same filtration results, having been tested extensively in the USA, UK and India.
The 3-in-1 system in our filters was developed at the behest of NASA and they are constructed utilizing nano technology. Nano alumina along with activated carbon and other filtration ingredients are utilized to bring about this amazing new patented process. The nano alumina emits a positive charge when wet and attracts the negative charged contaminants of protozoa, bacteria and virus. This revolutionary new process will make every drop of water more safe and refreshing. Finally a filter that really does what its supposed to do.
Unlike carbon block filters that lose as much as 70 percent of their area to the adhesives that hold the block together, our carbon has zero adhesives holding it in place making it far more efficient. The pore sizes of carbon block based filters are too big to stop any protozoa, bacteria or virus. Yes they filter chlorine and some heavy metals. They basically improve the taste of water without properly filtering out any of the more serious contaminants that can get into water supplies from time to time. Find out more about the differences between Water-to-Go and carbon filters.
We have tested the filters and the list of materials that Water-to-Go will ‘catch’ is a long one. Water-to-Go filters reduce the volume of contaminants in water by over 99.9%. Simply put they work!
Here is a selection of the contaminants we have tested for:
Metals & Chemicals
- Chlorine, Fluoride
- Chromium, Mercury, Nickel, Copper, Iron
- Lead, Gold, Silver
- Volatile Organic Compounds including Formaldehyde*
- * In certain areas of the world natural Arsenic occurs, WTG filters cannot filter Arsenic to 99.9%.
- Hepatitis A
- Tota Virus
- Coliform, E.Coli, Cholera, Typhus
- Dysentery, Botulism, Polio, Virus Botulism
- Vibrio Disease, Campylobacteriosis
- Leptospirosis – Weil's Disease
- Legionella (Legionnaires Disease and Pontiac Fever)
- Giardia lamblia
Parasites and waterborne pathogens
- This list is abridged but includes some of the most recognizable and common problems.
- Fasciolopsiasis Taeniasis – Tapeworm
- Echinococcosis Ascariasis
- Coenorosis Schistosomiasis
- Cryptosporidium Tryonosoma (Sleeping Sickness)
- Threadworm Guinea Worm
- Hookworm Roundworm
- Pinworm Onchiocerca
- Fasciola Hepatica/Liver fluke
Water-to-Go filters are intended to remove contamination from water. Filters will become inefficient if used with additives such as isotonic powders, cordials, juices etc. The product is not recommended to filter urine for drinking purposes.Don’t forget, the majority of cross infection is caused by poor personal hygiene. Wash your hands.